PROTECTING PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
Our policy is to respect the privacy of users who visit the Site. To ensure this, the following policy statement explains how the Site and Mettler collect information from you, as well as how it is used.
PASSIVE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
While you are on our site, we may automatically track information related to your voluntary use of the Site. This voluntarily provided information may include, among other things, URL tracking information, user’s browser, user’s IP address, files viewed by the user and user’s path through the Site, date, time and frequency of accessing site and length of time spent reviewing certain features.
HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED
We use the information we may collect on our Site to respond to your requests for information or questions, to improve our site, to statistically analyze usage of our Site, to improve content and offerings on our Site, and, in general, to improve and evaluate our Site for our users. We do not share our information with individuals or entities that are not affiliated with Mettler.
PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS
You may buy and pay for products on the Site. If you make a payment, we need to gather information relating to the sale, including what you are buying, how you are paying, and if relevant where you would like the products shipped. However, we will use the transactional information only to complete a transaction, to provide you with an order history, and to facilitate future orders. We may also use information about the transaction for aggregate reporting, in which we summarize the data in a report that does not contain personally identifiable information.
Mettler takes appropriate and commercially reasonable steps to ensure data privacy and security through various hardware and software methodologies. However, Mettler cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online—no system is fault proof.
If the Site’s security is breached, Mettler may attempt to notify you electronically. By using the Site and providing personal information to us, you agree that we can notify you electronically. Mettler may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs.
Your account on the Site is password protected so that only you may use it.
COMMUNICATION WITH YOU
We may also use your contact information on file (including e-mail, fax, and phone) to communicate with you in relation to day to day administrative activities, such as freeze requests, gift card balances, online purchases and important product and service alerts.
MEMBER PUBLISHING AND FEEDBACK
If you provide Mettler with content for publishing or feedback, we may publish your user name or other identifying data. Mettler provides you with many ways to submit information on the Site, including your participation in discussion boards and forums, and posting questions for our employees. In each of these circumstances, Mettler gathers information from you.
Any personal information or other user content (e.g., messages, text, files, images, video clips, photos, audio clips, or other materials) which you post, submit, transmit, email, message, upload, share, store or otherwise make available on a discussion board or forum may be read, collected or used for any purpose by Mettler and other users of the board or forum. Be aware that anything you submit to Mettler through these services may be made public, so please remember not to include any information you want kept private. Information submitted to forums or our employees can be read, recorded, and used by third parties or by Mettler.
We are not responsible for the personal information or other user content you choose to post in discussion boards or forums. We reserve the right to restrict, disable, suspend or terminate your access to or use of all or any parts of the Site, without prior notice or liability to you.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Information about our members is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share member information under the following circumstances:
Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, without limitation, fulfilling orders, shipping packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it or disclose it for other purposes, in violation of applicable Federal or state laws. However, we do not typically share our information with individuals or entities that are not affiliated with or providing services to Mettler.
In general, we collect anonymous data related to the pages, products, downloads and other content that is sampled, clicked on, streamed, searched for, transferred from and downloaded. Except as otherwise limited in this Policy, we may disclose, sell, trade, or rent such anonymous information to others without your consent.
OTHER SITES AND THIRD PARTIES
YOUR SHARING OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION
For your protection, Mettler strongly recommends that you do not share your account information, passwords or code words with others. In addition, do not provide confidential information online, unless you initiated the contact, know the party which whom you are dealing, and provide the information through a secured channel. When conducting business over the Internet, we recommend using a secure browser and exit online applications as soon as you finish using them. If you become aware of any suspicious activity relating to your account, it is your responsibility to contact Mettler immediately.
Also, remember to log out from the Site and close your browser window when you have finished using the Site to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence.
Social Media policy (“policy”)
1. If you are a METTLER employee you must adhere to the METTLER MEDIA AND SOCIAL NETWORKING POLICY post on the METTLER Intranet site.
2. You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any Social Media Site.
3. You are prohibited from posting any content that is personal health information including patient images on any Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using the Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary by non-METTLER clinicians or to use the Social Media Site to make, recommend or increase referrals to clinicians who are not employed by METTLER.
4. As a guest posting content to any Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in METTLER’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non METTLER services or products), promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
5. METTLER reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. METTLER may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials in METTLER’s sole discretion. You understand and agree that METTLER may disclose your communications and activities with METTLER in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of METTLER rights. You agree that in the event that METTLER exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, METTLER will have no liability to you.
6. By posting any content on any Social Media Site, you grant to METTLER the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any METTLER purpose.
7. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold METTLER and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
8. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a website AND THE INTERNET cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. METTLER does not control the THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE Internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information OR OTHER CONTENT and, therefore, METTLER DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. FURTHERMORE, METTLER DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
9. You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a Social Media Site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of laws provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Champaign County, Illinois.
10. You may not provide any content to a Social Media Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the Social Media Site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the Social Media Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
11. THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, METTLER suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.