Personal training will no longer be available after December 4, 2020.
Where is your path leading you?
How am I currently investing in myself, in my future?
What will my life look like in 20 years if I don't change anything?
What am I willing to give to gain what I've never had?
What would it look like to…
Never Miss a Workout
Improve your Fitness Level
Reach New Heights
Do the Things You Love
Feel Strong and Look Fit
Find Your Motivation
Become Fit & Healthy
Training for You
Outside or Virtual only
Twice a month*
Once a week*
Twice a week*
*Gym access is available to active personal training clients, those who work with a trainer at least twice a month.
Bart Lindsay, MS, CPT, CES, CAFS, 3DMAPS
Personal Training Coordinator
Emily Sawlaw, AFAA-CPT
Jackie Schweighart, MS, CPPT, CMT
Jami Kohlmann, CPT, CES, CAFS, LMT, CLT
Personal Trainer, Massage Services Coordinator
Deb Lay, MS, CPT, CES, OES
Anthony Hanners, NSCA-CPT
Monica Towner, NASM, CPT
Jason Yoon, NASM, CPT
What Makes Us Different?
Gym access + personal training for 1 price!
All Fitness Levels
- Older Adults
- Medically Complex
- Pre/Post Rehab
- Athletic Performance
Your Questions Answered
How do I start personal training during COVID-19?
Whether you’re an active exerciser or new to a fitness routine, start with a free 30 minute consultation, which can be done in-person or virtual, with one of our certified personal trainers.
Personal Training services will no longer be available at Mettler Center after December 4, 2020.
What can I expect if I'm coming to the center for training?
We ask that you:
- wear a mask
We are asking all personal training clients to wear a mask upon entering the facility. If you do not have one to wear in, we can provide one for you. If you are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, your trainer will make arrangments for you to be a safe distance from others.
- maintain social distancing,
- bring your own towel and water bottle.
The touchless refillable water stations will be available to all, but we ask that you do not drink out of the water fountains. The locker room and showers will not be available for use at this time. The restrooms are available for use and there’s a place to put your belongings.
How will social distancing be maintained?
Only personal trainers and physical therapists with their respective clients/patients and essential office staff will be in the building. We are continuing to suspend extracurricular gym access to minimize traffic and stay in compliance with state guidelines.
For personal training clients, exercise zones have been created. Only one trainer and his/her client are allowed in each zone. Your trainer will be mindful of social distancing throughout the entirety of your visit to the facility.
What are your cleaning practices?
Our facility is CDC compliant.
- Surfaces in the waiting areas and on the fitness floor are regularly being wiped down and sanitized.
- All staff wash their hands in-between clients using soap and water and are regularly using hand sanitizer.
- All gym surfaces (to include door handles, fitness equipment, etc) are being sprayed daily with virucide disinfectant.
- Fitness staff is cleaning equipment between clients and washing hands repeatedly.
- Disinfectant wipes, sprays, and hand sanitizer are available throughout the facility for clients to use at any time.
We also have contactless payment options.
Clients can pay securely over the phone or with the card we have on file.
Clients can also pay in-person at Mettler Center.
What equipment do you have?
We have everything expected from a gym: treadmills, ellipticals, machine weights, dumbbells, resistance bands, medicine balls, suspension straps, jump boxes, etc. We also have some unique pieces, such as the NuStep, Keiser air pressure resistance machines, battle ropes, and Power Plates.
Is Gym Access Available?
All clients will need to meet with their trainer prior to coming in solo for gym access.
Gym access is a complimentary service offered to active personal training clients, individuals who meet with a trainer at least twice a month.
Gym Access Guidelines:
- Please make sure to scan in.
- Everyone will need to have their temperature taken and wear a mask.
- You will be responsible for cleaning the equipment you use thoroughly.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines, remember to sanitize or wash your hands frequently, and stay home if you are experiencing any symptoms (fever, dry cough, etc.)
- Please bring your own water bottle and a sweat towel as Mettler Center will not have water fountains, lockers, showers, towels available at this time. Eventually, we will slowly bring these things back in stages, starting with towels.
- All clients will need to meet with their trainer prior to coming in solo for gym access.
How expensive is personal training?
Start small with what your budget allows.
Remember you have the option to get gym access and personal training for one price if you commit to training at least twice per month. After all, isn’t your health worth it?
What types of personal training does Mettler Center do?
Have a specific question about training or what we offer? Ask us!
How is working out with a trainer better than on my own?
Personal training can be a better fit for some depending on your exercise history, motivation, goals, and challenges you are working through. Some of the top reasons people love personal training are:
- It’s easy: You just show up and the trainer tells you what to do. No advance preparation or forethought required.
- Accountability. When someone is counting on you, you tend to be more consistent.
- Education and expertise tailored to what you need
What if I don't have time to train?
Doing something is always better than nothing. That is why we offer virtual options so you can conveniently train from your home, office, or as you travel. You can choose a frequency that works for your schedule. Meet as often as you want with your trainer – just maintain twice per month if you would like gym access.
What if I'm too self-conscious to step into a gym?
What is the Power Plate?
- Functional performance and muscle activation
- Gait and locomotion
- Postural alignment and core control
- Balance, stability, and proprioceptive awareness
- Range of motion
- Circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid
- Recovery and regeneration through hormone release
Personal Training Resources
Virtual Training offers the best of Personal Training. 1. Convenience You don't have to leave your house to fit a training session in! This makes it easy to keep prioritizing your fitness when you're out of town, on vacation, or while your kids are taking a nap. 2....
Changes in our routines often come with changes in our health. Since the beginning of the Pandemic, many people have found that their activity levels have significantly declined. Everyday life has significantly changed for many people and a frequent complaint I have...
Doctor of Physical Therapy, Justin Yeung Description: Tips to help you safely “bend forward” during yard cleanup season. Benefits: Optimize efficient biomechanics and avoid repetitive stress injuries to the back, hip, knee, etc. Introductory Video: The combination of...
Have a Question?
Personal Training will no longer be available at Mettler Center after December 4, 2020. We would love to refer you to a personal trainer if you send us your information.