Q: How Can I Stay Motivated and Consistent?
- From my experience, the buddy system tends to help motivate people initially. Most of us work harder around others.
- Having a trainer or friend alongside you often motivates you to push harder and longer.
- That encouragement helps create consistency. When you can think of a million other things to do your friend or trainer can help keep you accountable when your commitment is being tested.
2. Utilize Your Resources
- Purchase a Fitbit or Smart Watch & Download Fitness apps that offer visual aid & allow you to track your heart rate while exercising to help quantify your caloric expenditure.
3. Set Goals
- Create micro-goals to make your results more tangible
- Reward yourself for your accomplishments. Whether it’s your favorite smoothie or new workout gear. Reflect upon those achievements.
Q: How Can Mettler Center Help?
Mettler Center offers numerous services for those who are interested in managing weight loss with exercise programs created by exercise specialists.
It can be intimidating to ask for help. Mettler offers free consultations which can help you get more acclimated.
1. Personal Training
- A personal trainer can help you set realistic goals for yourself to increase your success rate.
- As trainers, we can help prescribe exercises that will help you target your specific goals & give you a timeframe to accomplish those feats within.
Once you’ve established an exercise program that addresses all major muscle groups, I often suggest that individuals train for a combination of 3 or 4 days per week up to 30-45 minutes on those days.
2. Private Lessons
Private lessons are available if you are interested in kickboxing, yoga, or pilates. This is a great way to stay active while learning a new practice if you are a beginner or deepening your proficiency if you are more experienced.