Our physical therapy services are available in-person and via telehealth.
Updates for all Mettler Center Visitors:
Mettler Center is abiding by CDC and social distancing guidelines. We will be taking temperatures with a non-contact thermometer and having all Mettler guests, clients, and patients sign a formal waiver when they come to Mettler Center. We ask that you please wear a face covering or mask, bring your own towel and water bottle. The touchless refillable water bottle stations will be available, but we ask that you do not drink out of the water fountains. The locker rooms and the showers are not available for use at this time, but the restrooms are.
Travel Policy: Please view our COVID-19 Travel Policy.
Physical Therapy Updates
Physical Therapy continues with in-person and virtual options. We guarantee an appointment within 24 hours of scheduling and free virtual or in-person consultations.
What can I expect with Physical Therapy?
1. Zero Wait Time
Our therapists are ready to accommodate all post-surgical and medical interventions needing physical therapy services either same day or within 24 hours.
2. In-Person with Reduced Exposure
We are uniquely equipped with a large facility and private therapy offices to give you the most protection and isolation possible while still receiving the necessary treatment to assist you with a faster recovery.
Our facility is CDC compliant.
- All treatment tables and surfaces are sanitized/disinfected after every patient. This includes tables, headrests, bolsters, armrests, etc.
- All linens used by therapy patients are sanitized after every patient (sheets, blankets, pillow cases, etc.).
- All treatment room surfaces to include chairs, doorknobs, light switches and other surfaces are cleaned and sanitized frequently
- Surfaces in the waiting areas and on the fitness floor are regularly being wiped down and sanitized.
- All providers wash their hands in-between patients using soap and water, and providers are regularly using hand sanitizer.
- All gym surfaces (to include door handles, fitness equipment, etc) are being sprayed daily with virucide disinfectant.
- Fitness staff is cleaning equipment between clients and washing hands repeatedly.
- Disinfectant wipes, sprays, and hand sanitizer are available throughout the facility for clients to use at any time
An excellent virtual tool that most insurances are approving during this time. We strive to make the experience as simple and stress-free as possible. You can even do complimentary consults via telehealth.
What is Telehealth?
What is it?
Delivering health-services with technology, often with a video-based meeting such as Zoom.
Does insurance cover?
During this time, most major insurance companies are covering this service. We are happy to confirm your insurance coverage for this service based on your individual insurance plan.
If your particular insurance is United Health Care Medicare Advantage, you are 100% covered for 30-minute sessions.
Is it complicated to use?
Our goal is to make the experience simple and stress-free. We will handle all logistics and plan to talk you through what to expect.
Can I do a free consult via Telehealth?
Yes, we do free consults via telehealth which is an excellent option at this time.
Does Mettler still offer in-person physical therapy?
Yes! If you prefer in-person therapy, our facility is following CDC guidelines, and our unique model of one-on-one care in a private office with a physical therapist limits your exposure to others.
What can I do if I'm coming to the center for therapy?
Please keep in mind all of the recommended strategies such as:
- Wear a mask when entering the facility
- Keep 6ft away from other patients
- Avoid touching your face, nose, and eyes
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds with soap and water or use hand sanitizer
- Cancel your appointments and stay home if you are feeling sick or are experiencing any symptoms
Have a question we haven’t answered? Click below and ask away!
Shoulder pain can derive from various activities, making it a common ailment among adults. Discover physical therapy exercises to treat shoulder pain.
Physical Therapy Check-Ups? Just like you see your medical doctor each year for an annual check-up; you can do the same with a physical therapist. Your physical therapists can give you insight on how your body moves. How to preserve your strengths? How to...
Here's the WDWS Saturday Morning segment with Scott Beatty and Dr. Peggy Hau! Doctor of physical therapy, Peggy Hau discusses the benefits of aquatic therapy. Listen below for the segment! 1. What is Aquatic Therapy Aquatic therapy is equivalent to music...